"Social media is not about the exploitation of technology but service to community. "
- Simon Mainwaring
Effective Facebook Marketing Tips
1. Target Your Specific Audience Using Facebook’s Targeting Features
Did you know you can find your target market on Facebook using demographics?
Facebook offers a feature that allows you to find your target demographic by utilizing the information users have on their page such as occupation, location, likes and interests. This helps you deliver the right content and the right time to help drive your customers deeper into your brand.
2. Optimize Your Profile Picture and Cover Photo
The first step to showcasing your brand using Facebook is creating an optimized profile picture and cover photo that will connect with your audience.
Make sure your profile picture is:
- A high-resolution photo of your company’s logo or brand specific picture.
- Sized down to a 180px x 180px square.
Your cover photo should be:
- The same theme as your profile picture. This helps reiterate your brand with your audience.
- Should tell a story about who your organization is with pictures of products, services and other social media tags
- Sized correctly. Right now the correct size for a cover photo (or video) on Facebook is 815px x 215px.
3. Ensure you have a Consistent Posting Schedule
Consistently posting to your Facebook page helps get your audience into a rhythm. This includes both the times you are posting and what type of posts you are posting. Who doesn't like a good meme Saturday? This rhythm will help remind your audience to check in.
4. Schedule Your Posts at the Best Time
Facebook’s algorithm makes it difficult for companies to reach their full audience. This is because Facebook is constantly reshuffling content to ensure users have new content all the time but limits the organic reach of your company’s post.
According to industry research, scheduling your posts at 9 am, 1 pm and 3 pm (especially on Saturdays and Sundays) will give your content the best chance at getting the viewers you need.
5. Use Video To Attract Your Audience
The current Facebook algorithm pushes video content to the top of your audience’s news feed! This video content is important and is becoming a staple part of social media plans. We have the capability to do amazing video content with Calgary video professionals!